We are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. This policy explains when and why we collect personal information, how we use it, the conditions under which we may share it with others and how we keep it secure.
How to contact us
Please contact us if you have any questions about this privacy notice or information we hold about you.
Telephone: 0044 (0)7375544560
Post: Information Manager, Grampian Escapes & Tours, Woodstock House, Inverurie Street, Auchenblae, AB30 1XS
The personal information we have
Personal information means details which identify you such as your name, contact details and purchase history. In the course of buying our product we collect the following information:
- Names of persons booking tours, payment details, address, email address, phone number and country of residence.
- Additional details e.g. dietary requirements if purchasing tours with food elements, or if you have mobility requirements.
- If you have booked a tour through a travel agent, your travel agent will send your details (the details that you have consented your travel agent to pass to us) to Grampian Escapes & Tours to make your booking. Without this, we would not be able to fulfil your tour booking and quality of service.
How we use your personal information
We use your personal information:
- To deliver your travel arrangements and services.
- To facilitate the tour check in process
- To keep you up to date regarding your tour and to communicate with you.
- To conduct tour/product analysis and market research.
- For marketing and keep you informed of our products and services. When we collect information directly from you, you’ll be asked if you want to ‘opt in’ to our marketing communications. If you no longer want to receive our marketing communications, you may cancel at any time. Each marketing communication we send by email will have an unsubscribe option which will allow you to stop you receiving further marketing emails. Please note that if you tell us that you do not wish to be sent further marketing communications, you will still receive service communications which are necessary, for example, to confirm your booking or to provide you with an update on your tour booking.
What we do with your information
The provision of your name, address, contact telephone number, email address and payment details are required from you to enable us to process your booking. Grampian Escapes & Tours will only process your personal information where we have a legal basis to do so. Under EU and UK data protection laws in almost all cases the legal basis will be:
- Because we need to use your information so that we can process your booking, fulfil your travel arrangements and otherwise perform the contract we have with you.
- Because you have consented to us using your information for a particular purpose.
Sharing your personal information
We will not share your personal information with any other third party. We will share personal information with law enforcement or other authorities if required by applicable law.
We will share with credit and charge card companies, credit reference agencies and anti-fraud screening service providers to process payments, and (where necessary) to carry out fraud-screening.
How long your personal information will be kept
We will keep your information for as long as we need it for the purpose it is being processed for. For example, where you book a tour with us we will keep the information related to your booking, we will keep the information for a period which enables us to handle or respond to any complaints, queries, feedback or concerns relating to the booking and for accounting purposes the period required under UK tax laws. We will actively review the information we hold and delete it securely, or in some cases anonymise it, when there is no longer a legal, business or customer need for it to be retained.
Transfer of your information out of the EEA
We will not transfer your personal information outside the European Economic Area (EEA)
Under the current UK Data Protection Regulations, you have several important rights free of charge. In summary, those include rights to:
- Fair processing of information and transparency over how we use your use personal information.
- Access to your personal information require us to correct any mistakes in your information which we hold.
- Require the erasure of personal information concerning you in certain situations.
- Receive the personal information concerning you which you have provided to us, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and have the right to transmit those data to a third party in certain situations.
- Object at any time to processing of personal information concerning you for direct marketing.
- Object to decisions being taken by automated means which produce legal effects concerning you or similarly significantly affect you.
- Object in certain other situations to our continued processing of your personal information.
- Otherwise restrict our processing of your personal information in certain circumstances.
For further information on each of those rights, including the circumstances in which they apply, see the Guidance from the UK Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) on individuals’ rights under the General Data Protection Regulation.
If you would like to exercise any of those rights, please email email@example.com with the subject title “My data request” including the following required Information:
- Your full name;
- A description of the data that you are requesting (such as tours booked/taken with Grampian Escapes & Tours), including a date range;
- Confirmation of booking references and/or email addresses (past and present) used to book tours or products; and
- Any other information that may assist us with identifying the data you require.
Please note that we may contact you to request additional information to verify your identity before we share any data requested. From the date that we receive all of the required information, we will process your request in the time frame outlined in current UK legislation.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
Keeping your personal information secure
We have appropriate security measures in place to prevent personal information from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorized way.
We limit access to your personal information to those who have a genuine business need to know it. Those processing your information will do so only in an authorised manner and are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
We have procedures in place to deal with any suspected data security breach. We will notify you and any applicable regulator of a suspected data security breach where we are legally required to do so.
How to complain
We hope that we can resolve any query or concern you raise about our use of your information. Please contact us on the details below if you have any queries or concerns.
The Data Protection Regulations also gives you right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority, in particular in the European Union (or European Economic Area) state where you work, normally live or where any alleged infringement of data protection laws occurred. The supervisory authority in the UK is the Information Commissioner who may be contacted at https://ico.org.uk/concerns/ or telephone: 0303 123 1113.
Updates to our privacy notice